Since 1993, we have delivered training in cities as diverse as:
| Corona / Salinas / Pasadena, CA
| Torrance / Lancaster / Hayward, CA
| Palmdale / Orange / Escondido, CA
| Fullerton / Sunnyvale / Elk Grove, CA
| Thousand Oaks / El Monte / Concord, CA
| Simi Valley / Vallejo / Inglewood, CA
| Visalia / Costa Mesa / Downey, CA
| Santa Clara / West Covina / Roseville, California
| Norwalk / Fairfield / Burbank, California
| San Buenaventura / Richmond / Berkeley, California
| Daly City / Antioch /Foster City, California
| Milpitas / Sacramento, California
| Lakewood / Fort Collins / Thornton ,Colorado
| Westminster / Arvada / Pueblo ,Colorado
| Bridgeport / Hartford / New Haven ,CT
| Stamford / Waterbury ,Connecticut
| Pembroke Pines / Hollywood / Port St. Lucie ,Florida
| Coral Springs / Gainesville / Miramar ,FLA
| Clearwater / Pompano Beach / Ft. Lauderdale / Orlando, FL
| Savannah & Athens, Georgia
| Naperville & Joliet ,Illinois
| Springfield / Peoria / Elgin ,Illinois
| Muncie, Indiana
| Evansville & South Bend, Indiana
| Muncie & Cedar Rapids ,Iowa
| Kansas City / Topeka / Olathe ,Kansas
| Lafayette ,Louisiana
| Springfield / Lowell / Cambridge ,MA
| Warren / Sterling Heights / Flint ,Michigan
| Lansing & Ann Arbor,Michigan
| Independence / St. Louis / Saint Louis,Missouri
| Billings & Lincoln,Nebraska
| Manchester ,New Hampshire
| Bellevue ,Washington
| Green Bay ,Wisconsin. Contact us to discuss bringing our training to your location!
Course Name: Client-Side Web Development Bootcamp
Duration: 2 Full Days
Format: Instructor-led, hands-on
Prerequisites: Casual Knowledge of HTML is assumed, Object Oriented or Procedural Programming Helpful
Assumed Audience: Mainframe and/or Client Server Programmers
processing expertly on the client rather than making several amatuer trips to the server. The student will also be able to use the intrinsic objects of the scripting language in applications developed for a web.
- The Visual Interdev IDE
- Setting up a new VI Project and understanding all the Virtual Directories and Pages that are created.
- Adding Pages and Directories
- Master Mode vs. Local Mode
- Creating your own template files
- Script Blocks – how to write Script blocks that work in all browsers
- Declaring Variables using the “var” keyword
- Understanding Scope: Using Page Level Variables and Local Variables
- Writing Functions
- Passing Arguments
- Understanding the curly braces
- Control Flow – if...else, switch…case, Loops
- Understanding the break keyword and the “;”
- A look at the pieces: Remote Interface, Local Interface, Home Interface
- Writing Effective EJB classes
- Understanding the importance of Deployment Descriptors
- Discussion on other relevant files: Vendor Specific
- Packaging and Deploying an Enterprise JavaBean
- Allow for re-use of code through out a web site
- Making web pages easier to maintain keeping your logic in a centralized location.
- Using the “write()” and “close()” methods of the document object
- Working with the eval() function. Evaluating expressions or Creating and Executing code at run-time
- Demystifying Cookies
- Understanding why maintaining state in an internet application is so challenging.
- Using cookies as way of maintaining state on the client side.
- Understanding the limitations on cookies such what pages are able to access them and what are the size constraints.
- What types of information would be appropriate for storing in a cookie?
- Where are cookie values stored on the client side.
- Assigning values to cookies
- Retrieving values form cookies
- Using StyleSheets
- Defining the look and feel of a page with a Style Sheet
- Defining classes within a Style Sheet and associating them with “span” and “div” tags
- Understanding the why an external Style Sheet is preferable to in-line and page specific styles
- Cross Platform strategies for writing style sheets that work in both browsers
Click here to contact us for more information.