[About NewTech Training]
Since 1993, we have delivered training in cities as diverse as:
| Corona / Salinas / Pasadena, CA
| Torrance / Lancaster / Hayward, CA
| Palmdale / Orange / Escondido, CA
| Fullerton / Sunnyvale / Elk Grove, CA
| Thousand Oaks / El Monte / Concord, CA
| Simi Valley / Vallejo / Inglewood, CA
| Visalia / Costa Mesa / Downey, CA
| Santa Clara / West Covina / Roseville, California
| Norwalk / Fairfield / Burbank, California
| San Buenaventura / Richmond / Berkeley, California
| Daly City / Antioch /Foster City, California
| Milpitas / Sacramento, California
| Lakewood / Fort Collins / Thornton ,Colorado
| Westminster / Arvada / Pueblo ,Colorado
| Bridgeport / Hartford / New Haven ,CT
| Stamford / Waterbury ,Connecticut
| Pembroke Pines / Hollywood / Port St. Lucie ,Florida
| Coral Springs / Gainesville / Miramar ,FLA
| Clearwater / Pompano Beach / Ft. Lauderdale / Orlando, FL
| Savannah & Athens, Georgia
| Naperville & Joliet ,Illinois
| Springfield / Peoria / Elgin ,Illinois
| Muncie, Indiana
| Evansville & South Bend, Indiana
| Muncie & Cedar Rapids ,Iowa
| Kansas City / Topeka / Olathe ,Kansas
| Lafayette ,Louisiana
| Springfield / Lowell / Cambridge ,MA
| Warren / Sterling Heights / Flint ,Michigan
| Lansing & Ann Arbor,Michigan
| Independence / St. Louis / Saint Louis,Missouri
| Billings & Lincoln,Nebraska
| Manchester ,New Hampshire
| Bellevue ,Washington
| Green Bay ,Wisconsin. Contact us to discuss bringing our training to your location!
Online .NET Training
Register for a Class
Agile CT UserGroup
Recent .NET Training Clients
| 5-Day ASP.NET Training
.NET 3.5 Developer
ASP.NET Training 5-day BOOTCAMP using C#.NET™
NewTech's intense hands-on ASP.NET Training with C#.NET, using the current version, in a comprehensive 5-day format.
ASP.NET Training 5-day BOOTCAMP using VB.NET™
NewTech's intense hands-on ASP.NET Training with VB.NET, using the current version, in a comprehensive 5-day format.
| 1-Day .NET 3.5 Training:
AJAX & LINQ
AJAX Training Hands-On
1 intense hands-on day of AJAX training in .NET
LINQ Training Hands-On
1 intense hands-on day of LINQ training under .NET
| 4-Day .NET Training
VB.NET Training BOOTCAMP™
4 Days of expert hands-on Windows Forms training using VB.NET
C# .NET 3.5 Training BOOTCAMP™
4 Days of intense hands-on Windows Forms training using C#.NET
| Other Microsoft
ASP Training/ Web Development BOOTCAMP™
VB Training Intro ASAP™
VB6 Intermediate Bootcamp is going from a 4-Day BOOTCAMP-style to a single day seminar-style (ASAP) lecture.
VB Training Advanced BOOTCAMP™
The most advanced VB Training available, recently updated to include XML with DOM and SAX
Quick .NET Training for Developers
VB.NET Training ASAP™
1 intense day of essentials
ASP.NET Training ASAP™
1 day fast-forward ASP.NET
C# Training ASAP™
1 day of full immersion C#
Quick .NET Training for IT Managers
.NET vs. Java Platform Technology Overview
1 day of intense compare and contrast
.NET Training: The 1-day .NET for Managers (with some hands-on)
The 1-day seminar that completely DEMYSTIFIES .NEt technology, for MANAGERS
'ASAP' OOP Training and UML Training
UML Training ASAP™
1-day full-immersion course in UML-based Systems Design
OOP Training ASAP™
1-day full-immersion course in Object Oriented Programming Concepts
Cities Where We Delivered ONSITE .NET training recently:
New York City,NY
Los Angeles ,CA
San Antonio ,TX
San Diego ,CA
San Jose ,CA
San Francisco ,CA
Fort Worth ,TX
El Paso ,TX
Las Vegas ,NV
Oklahoma City ,OK
Long Beach ,CA
Kansas City ,MO
Virginia Beach, VA
Colorado Springs ,CO
Santa Ana ,CA
Corpus Christi ,TX
St. Paul ,MN
Fort Wayne ,IN
St. Petersburg ,FL
Jersey City ,NJ
Baton Rouge ,LA
New Orleans ,LA
Chula Vista ,CA
San Bernardino ,CA
Course Name: Web Development Bootcamp
Duration: 4 Full Days
Format: Instructor-led, hands-on
Prerequisites: Casual Knowledge of HTML is assumed, Object Oriented or Procedural Programming Helpful
Assumed Audience: Mainframe and/or Client Server Programmers
Course Materials: 700+ pg text on Visual Interdev, Resource Pack with CD
- The Visual Interdev IDE
- Setting up a new VI Project and understanding all the Virtual Directories and Pages that are created.
- Adding Pages and Directories
- Master Mode vs. Local Mode
- Customizing the IDE
- Creating your own template files
- Script Blocks how to write Script blocks that work in all browsers
- Declaring Variables using the var keyword
- Understanding Scope: Using Page Level Variables and Local Variables
- Writing Functions
- Passing Arguments
- Understanding the curly braces
- Control Flow if...else, switch
- Understanding the break keyword and the ;
- Brief History of DHTML Understanding the different flavors and recognizing that there is a way to write cross platform DHTML
- Understanding the HTML Document Object Model and how to access the elements on a page
- Working with the document and window objects
- Working with Listboxes and Comboboxes
- Loading data on the client side at run time
- Allow for re-use of code through out a web site
- Making web pages easier to maintain keeping your logic in a centralized location.
- Using the write() and close() methods of the document object
- Working with the eval() function. Evaluating expressions or Creating and Executing code at run-time
- Demystifying Cookies
- Understanding why maintaining state in an internet application is so challenging.
- Using cookies as way of maintaining state on the client side.
- Understanding the limitations on cookies such what pages are able to access them and what are the size constraints.
- What types of information would be appropriate for storing in a cookie?
- Where are cookie values stored on the client side.
- Assigning values to cookies
- Retrieving values form cookies
- Using StyleSheets
- Defining the look and feel of a page with a Style Sheet
- Defining classes within a Style Sheet and associating them with span and div tags
- Understanding the why an external Style Sheet is preferable to in-line and page specific styles
- Cross Platform strategies for writing style sheets that work in both browsers
- Overview of IIS Architecture and how ASP works
- Intro to VBScript and ASP Syntax
- Using <% and %> to delimit your Server side code
- Declaring Variables Always use Option Explicit
- Writing Functions and Sub Procedures
- Passing Arguments
- Request Object
- Form and Querystring Methods Sending data to the Server with Form Submission
- ServerVariables Collection extracting information from the HTTP Header, i.e. Users IP Address, Browser Type and even Operating Sytem.
- Cookies Collection Reading the users cookie information on the Server Side
- Response Object
- Write Method writing to the HTTP stream
- Clear, End and Flush methods controlling output to the HTTP streams.
- Redirect sending the users browser to a different URL.
- Buffer property affecting the users perception download rates for your users
- Cookies Collection Writing Cookie values from the Server side.
- Server Object
- CreateObject method creating instances of components on the server.
- Transfer method a better way to redirect the user
- Execute, GetLastError, URLEncode and HTMLEncode using the Utility functions that are a part of the Server Object.
- Application and Session Objects
- Application Object A place to store global information that may be needed across your entire website.
- Session Object A place to store user specific data.
- ASPError Object
- Using the Number and Description properties to check for errors
- Strategies for handling errors in your Active Server Pages.
- Maintaining State
- Strategies for maintaining your IIS applications state
- Why the Application and Session objects may not be good choices for applications that need to scale gracefully.
- Using Cookies and Hidden Input fields to maintain state on the client side.
- Maintaining state in databases will be discussed during the section on ADO 2.X.
- Partitioning your Server Side code
- Grouping related functions and sub procedures in Server Side Include files to ease maintenance and allow for greater re-use of code.
- Creating your own classes in VBScript and how that allows for even greater code re-use and easier long term maintenance.
- ActiveX Data Objects 2.X
- Strategies for storing database connection information.
- Using the Connection, Command and Recordset objects
- Why are certain cursor types evil and other dos and donts with ADO.
- More partitioning strategies The concept of a Data Services Layer.
- Windows DNA
- Overview of Microsofts Windows DNA Architecture
- Partitioning your application to have Business and Data Services
- Where do VBScript classes fit into this architecture?
- Intro to COM+
- Configuring Internet Information Server
- Overview of the IIS Management Console
- IISs relationship with COM+
- Security Levels
- Performance Tuning
interaction by making web pages more dynamic. The student will perform
processing expertly on the client rather than making several amatuer trips to the server. In addition, the student will learn comprehensively how to create Active Server Pages. Within the Active Server Page environment under Internet Information Server 5.0, the student will be able to expertly use the intrinsic ASP objects, query databases, logically partition application code, and understand the sophisticated architecture behind Windows DNA.
Click here to register.
Click here for Pricing.
Search ANY Site
Register for a Class
Agile .NET Blog
Online .NET 3.5 training
.NET 3.5 Training Online
ONLINE .NET 3.5 training online, instructor-led
NewTech's comprehensive hands-on, online .NET 3.5 training BOOTCAMP, using C#.NET and VB.NET, in a fast-paced 5-day hands-on format.
ONLINE ASP.NET training online, instructor-led
NewTech's intense hands-on, online ASP.NET training BOOTCAMP, using C# & VB.NET, in a comprehensive 5-day format.
Online .NET Training
.NET Training Online
online .NET for Managers training online
This is THE online .NET training class for project managers. The format is 1-day, seminar, with optional hands-on. Looking for online .NET manager training? This is it!
online LINQ .NET training online, scheduled, instructor-led
NewTech's intense 1-day hands-on .NET online LINQ training program, using C#.NET and VB.NET, includes hands-on exercises, 500+ page book, and 30 days of tech support.
Hands-On Java Training and JSP Training
Java Training BOOTCAMP™
Intense Java training for pro developers new to Java
JSP Training BOOTCAMP™
The most comprehensive JSP training & Servlet training on the market today
Quick Java and JSP Training for Developers
Java Training ASAP™
One code-intense day of lecture in Java fundamentals
JSP Training ASAP™
One code-intense day of lecture in JSP & Servlets
Quick Java & JSP Training for IT Managers
Java Training: Technology Platform Overview
For IT managers and developers new to the Java platform
.NET vs. Java Training: Platform Technology Overview
1 day of intense platform compare-and-contrast
BEA Weblogic Overview™
One day of lecture in J2EE fundamentals using BEA Weblogic
Perl Training BOOTCAMP™
Four-day hands-on training, for pro developers new to Perl programming
Other Developer Training We Offer
Can't find the class you want on the schedule? We offer lots of additional training for developers and managers. Check our extensive list of additional training here
ASP.NET Training BOOTCAMP™
Four-day hands-on training, for pro developers new to ASP.NET
.NET and Java Help, AFTER Training
Architecture and Mentoring
System design and coaching for your team
Horsepower to complete your projects on time
Off-Site Technical Services
Development of your apps on time and on budget